E-tickets is available for select events. If E-tickets is available as a delivery method for your event it will appear as one of your delivery option choices during checkout.
Questions & Answers
- How does E-tickets work?
- Are there benefits to choosing E-tickets?
- Do I need any special hardware or software to use E-tickets?
- Will this ticket be accepted for the event?
- What if I print more than one copy of my ticket or a photocopy of my ticket is made?
- Why isn't E-tickets available for all events?
- What if I cannot print my tickets?
- What if I did not receive my confirmation e-mail?
- What if I don't recieve my tickets?
- What if my tickets are stolen? What if the background for my tickets print but not the ticket information ie: event, seats?
Choose E-tickets as your delivery method.
Purchase your ticket(s).
- We'll e-mail you a link to your ticket(s).
To pick them up, simply log in to Ticketmaster.be and click the View & Print Tickets button on the Order Detail page to print your tickets. All you'll need is Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0. or higher. (If you don't have it, download it for free).
At the venue, your tickets will be scanned at the gate for entry into the event. Enjoy!
- You get your tickets right away, no box office collection lines or mail delivery to wait for.
- You print them at your convenience.
- You can forward them to others attending the event so they can print their own tickets.
- Printer - Any ink-jet or laser printer (colour or black & white) with a resolution of 300 dpi or more is able to print tickets. Use A4 plain white paper for best results. (If you are unsure of your printer's resolution/dpi, check the printer manual.)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher. If you do not have it, download it now. It's free.
Question: Will this ticket be accepted for the event?
Answer: Yes. The ticket that comes out of your printer is a valid, legitimate ticket.
Make sure you keep it in a safe place like you would cash and protect it just like you would any other ticket!
Question: What if I print more than one copy of my ticket or a photocopy is made?
Answer: Only the first scan of the barcode on your ticket will be allowed entry.
Make sure you keep it in a safe place like you would cash and protect it just like you would any other ticket! If more than one copy were to arrive, the barcode scanner will alert the attendant that the ticket has already been scanned. If there is a dispute, the purchaser's name appears on each ticket.
Question: Why isn't E-tickets available for all events?
Answer: Only venues with the appropriate bar code scanner can offer the option.
We are working on increasing venue and event participation and availability is increasing every day.
Question: What if I cannot print my tickets?
Answer: Check to make sure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher.
Make sure your printer is on and the cables are connected to your computer. Make sure your printer has enough memory available, try closing any unnecessary programs. Still cannot print? Contact us for help.
Question: What if I did not receive my confirmation e-mail?
Answer: If you did not receive your confirmation e-mail, please Contact us so we can help you with your order.
While your confirmation e-mail contains the link to pick up your tickets, you can also pick up your tickets by simply logging into your Ticketmaster.be account.
Question: What if my tickets are stolen?
Answer: Contact us and we will help you with your order.
- Open the .pdf file in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Select File and Print from the top menu.
- In the printer window check the box that states "Print As Image", then click OK.