Insurance Company: Allianz Global Assistance
How can I submit a claim?
To file a claim, please download this form to fill out, and send as soon as possible to:
Allianz Global Assistance
Technical Customer Care
Rue des hirondelles 2
I. COMMON MEASURES
The meanings of terms used in this contract are:
- Insurer: A.G.A. International S.A. – Belgian Branch,
(named in the text: Allianz Global Assistance), situated at Rue
des Hirondelles 2 at 1000 Brussels, registered under the code
2769 – venture number: 0837.437.919.
- Insurance holder: the physical or legal person who has
subscribed to the contract with the insurer.
- Insured persons: the subscriber and beneficiary of the
ordered tickets. The insured persons have to be domiciled in a
member state of the European Union or in Switzerland except
for those areas that are not a geographical part of Europe and
reside there for at least 9 months each year.
In these general conditions the insured persons are being
referred to by using terms as “you” and “your”.
- Home: your domicile, that has to be situated in a member
state of the European Union or in Switzerland except for those
areas that are not a geographical part of Europe.
- Trip companion: the person with whom you have booked a
ticket via Ticketmaster Belgium)and whose presence is necessary
for the good progress of the event.
- The insured ticket: the ticket booked via Ticketmaster Belgium for a cultural or sport event. The contract has to satisfy the legal
provisions which have been laid down.
- Minor children: children under 18 years of age.
- Illness: a disturbance in the state of health, as a result of a
cause other than an accident, and having been certified and
diagnosed by a doctor.
- Accident: a sudden and external event, which,
independent of your will, causes bodily injuries that are certified
and diagnosed by a doctor.
2. The object of this contract:
Within the limits of the conditions and the capitals specified in
the General and Specific Conditions, this contract guarantees
the payment of the specified sums.
3. The duration of this contract – of the guarantee:
- This contract is valid from the moment of the complete and
correct subscription by the insurance holder online and ends at
the beginning of the event for which you booked the ticket via
- The guarantee: subject to the condition that premium has
been paid, the guarantee takes effect once this contract enters
into force, which has to be simultaneous with the booking of the
ticket, and finishes at the start of the event.
- Right to renounce: in accordance with the Belgian law
regarding commercial practices and the information and
protection of the consumer, you can renounce your acquisition
until 14 days following the purchase of the insurance. If the
subscription took place less then 14 days before the event, the
time for reflection is valid until the day of the event.
5. The maximum amount insured:
6. Subrogation :
- The insured amounts represent the maximum possible indemnity for the total duration of the insured period.
- For every order, the maximum insurable amounts are: 200
EUR/insured person in case of the guarantee 'Cancellation'.
Allianz Global Assistance is subrogated, to the limit of the
compensation paid, in respect of your rights and actions against
If, by your doing, the subrogation cannot achieve its effects,
Allianz Global Assistance can claim from you the compensation
paid to the amount of the damage suffered.
Any action deriving from this contract is prescribed after three
years dating from the event, which gave rise to the opening of
Allianz Global Assistance is responsible for the administration
the and gathers personal data related to you which are
necessary for the management of this contract (risk
assessment and management of the commercial relationship)
and possible claims including portfolio monitoring and
prevention of abuse and fraud.
By subscribing to this contract, you explicitly authorise Allianz
Global Assistance to administer your health data for the
purposes as described above and, if necessary, to
communicate this information to third parties (experts,
You authorise your physician to, in case of death, to establish
and provide a statement about the cause of death to Allianz
Global Assistance's consultant doctor.
You have the right to access and correct your data.
All fraud or attempted fraud towards Allianz Global Assistance
does not only lead to the termination of the insurance contract,
but also to penal prosecution based on article 496 of the
Belgian penal code.
Allianz Global Assistance is domiciled in Belgium, Rue des
Hirondelles 2 at 1000 Brussels, and all notifications have to be
made to this address. Written communications to you, are
validly sent to the address mentioned in the Specific Conditions
or to an address that you communicate subsequently in writing
to Allianz Global Assistance.
10. Applicable law – jurisdiction:
This contract is governed by its General and Specific
Conditions, the provisions of the law on terrestrial insurance
contracts and Belgian legislation. All congratulation or complaint
regarding Allianz Global Assistance’s services can be delivered:
In case you remain unsatisfied after the handling of your
complaint by our services, you can appeal to the Insurance
Ombudsman, 35 de Meeûssquare, 1000 Brussels, email@example.com, fax: +32-2-547 59 75.
All legal proceeding may only be dealt with by the competent
courts in Brussels, Belgium.
In addition to recourse to legal proceedings, any claim relating
to this contract may be addressed to the Financial Services and
Markets Authority, rue du Congrès 12-14 in 1000 Brussels.
1. The guarantee:
The reimbursement of the tickets booked via Ticketmaster Belgium
when you cancel the ticket before the start of the event or if you
can't attend the event.
2. The insured amount:
The amount insured is the price of the ticket mentioned in the
Specific Conditions. This must be equal to the real price of the
ticket. If the amount insured is lower than the price of the ticket,
Allianz Global Assistance is only required to provide
performances in proportion to the insured amount up to a
maximum of this cost.
The maximum insured amount per order is 200 EUR/insured
Provided that the reason invoked constitutes a major
impediment, preventing you from attending the event, you can
only cancel in the following cases:
- Illness, accident, death or complication occurring during the
- Your actual or legal spouse with whom you are living together;
- Any person you ordinarily live with as part of a family;
- Any blood relation or other relative up to and including the
second degree or any minor blood relation or relative up to and
including the third degree;
- The person who supervises your children;
- One of your companions with whom you would attend the
event and whose ticket was simultaneously ordered with yours.
- Your pregnancy as such if the event is scheduled to take
place during the last 3 months of the pregnancy and if the
contract was entered into prior to the start of the pregnancy.
- Major and sudden material damage to your home, second
home or professional premises, which could not be foreseen
and this damage absolutely requires your presence and your
presence cannot be postponed.
- Disappearance or kidnapping of:
- Your actual or legal spouse with whom you are living together;
- Any person you ordinarily live with as part of a family;
- Any blood relation or other relative up to and including the second degree.
- You are a professional soldier and you need to depart for a
military or humanitarian mission, provided that this mission
could not have been foreseen at the time of booking.
- You or any person you ordinarily live with as part of a
family is called on:
- To undergo an organ transplant;
- For an unexpected and non professionally related military refresher exercise;
- For an unexpected mission on behalf of an official humanitarian organisation;
- For the adoption of a child;
- As a witness before a court, following a court summons;
- As a member of the jury for a Grand Jury trial.
- You need to retake an exam, provided that it takes place during the event and that it is impossible to postpone the exam.
- Your vehicle sustains serious damage during the 4 hours
prior to the event preventing you from using it to reach the
- The birth of your child during the 5 days prior to the event.
- The theft of the ticket for the event from you home or car
with force or traceable signs of burglary.
- Loss or theft of the necessary ID documents (passport,
identity card) to go to the event provided that the loss/theft
incurs after the booking of the ticket and at least two months
prior to the event. An official statement has to be made when
the loss/theft of the documents incurs.
- Your presence at work at the time and date of the event is
requested in writing by your employer at least 72 hours prior to
- The cancellation for one of the reasons described in the
articles 3.1. – 3.11. above of one or more persons who booked
together with you and are insured by this contract if, because of
their absence, you would have to attend the event alone.
This guarantee does not apply in case of a cancellation
because of the reason described in article 3.12.
III. YOUR OBLIGATIONS
1. The communication of claims in writing:
As soon as possible, and in any case within 7 calendar days,
declare the claim in writing to Allianz Global Assistance.
2. The provision of useful information:
Without delay, and in any case within 30 days, provide Allianz
Global Assistance with all relevant details and answer to all
requests for information in order to determine the
circumstances and assess the extent of the claim.
3. Medical assessment of physical injury:
You must have the disease, or the injury in the event of an
accident, medically assessed, before cancellation.
4. Information in case of physical injury:
Take the necessary measures in order to provide Allianz Global
Assistance with the medical information relating to the person
concerned. In addition, authorize Allianz Global Assistance’s
doctors to gather medical information relating to the person
concerned. Also authorize the doctor designated by Allianz
Global Assistance to examine the person concerned.
5. Proof of material damage:
Transmit to Allianz Global Assistance the originals of all
documents concerning the circumstances, consequences and
extent of your damage.
In case of theft or vandalism, immediately demand an official
statement to the police authorities closest to the place where
the incident took place or where it was first noticed by you.
6. Circumstances for risk assessment by Allianz Global Assistance:
Policyholders are required, both when entering into the contract
and for the duration of the contract, to disclose all existing, new
or amended circumstances to Allianz Global Assistance that are known to them and that they should reasonably consider as
information that could impact Allianz Global Assistance’s risk
7. Other insurances:
If you benefit from other insurances for the same risk, you are
required to communicate the guarantees and identity of the
insurers to Allianz Global Assistance.
8. Sanctions in case of non-compliance with your obligations:
If you fail to comply with one of your obligations and there is a
link with the claim, your right to any performance under this
insurance policy expires.
Not complying with your obligations, wilful omissions or wilfully
making incorrect statements with fraudulent intent will always
cause you to lose all entitlement to the performance under this
Are excluded from the guarantee:
1. Any illness or accident and their consequences, existing at
the time of the entry into effect of the guarantee concerned.
However, is not excluded: an unexpected recurrence or
complication, following the entry into effect of the guarantee
concerned, of an illness existing when the guarantee concerned
enters into effect as long as this illness has been stable for two
months prior to the entry into effect of the guarantee, and no
treatment has been started or modified during the two months
preceding the entry into effect of the contract.
2. Psychological, psychosomatic or nervous problems, except if
at the time of the claim there is a permanent stay of more than
7 consecutive days in a health care institution.
3. Any circumstances except illnesses known or present at the
time of entry into effect of the guarantee concerned, that could
be reasonably expected to have led to the claim.
4. Abuse of medicines, drugs, narcotics or stimulants,
drunkenness or alcoholism.
5. Intentional or voluntary acts and reckless behaviour except
for suicide and suicide attempts.
6. Involvement in gambling, crimes or brawls, except in the
event of legitimate self-defence.
7. Strikes, decisions of authorities, restrictions on free
movement, radioactive rays, or the voluntary non-respect of
legal or official provisions.
8. Wars, civil wars, insurrections, riots.
9. Terrorist acts and their consequences.
10. Epidemics and quarantine.
12. All the consequences of exclusions mentioned in this